I have had some super mixed feelings about going ahead with this second round of plastics.
I do have major misgivings about the whole thing. I think that is probably very very normal and a natural thing to feel anxious over. I am not keen at all on the idea of bleeding again. It makes me super nervous and that is just the cold hard reality of my situation. But, in spite of all of my misgivings I am going ahead. My surgery is booked for the 28th of April and I am excited and terrified at the same time.
Tomorrow morning I have my consult with my plastic surgeon and I am going to ask him 5 million questions. I have been sitting down today compiling a list of what I want to ask because I think that it is reasonable to have a lot of concerns and to need some reassurance at this point. These are the things that I am going to ask.
- Can you please draw me up right now as if surgery was today because I need to know what the plan is going forward.
- After the bleed that I had last time, the returning to surgery in the middle of the night and all of the fear that I experienced I need to know how likely it is that that could happen again.
- The blood vessel that caused the bleeding last time – could the same thing happen with that one again.
- Where will my arm scars be and can you draw them on me please so I can understand what to expect.
- My side boob is the part of me that I am the most uncomfortable with – how much of that will be removed because I HATE it.
- Where are you taking the fat from to put into my boobs?
- How long will the surgery take?
- How long will I be in hospital
- Will I have a drain in and if so how long will I need the drain for (( I know if I need one that you cant give me exact times and just a ballpark is fine)
- Will I have a catheter in because I am scared of getting up too soon if I need to pee?
What else should I be asking do you think?